Volume 3, 1999
|Page(s)||131 - 150|
|Published online||15 August 2002|
- M. Abramowitz and I.A. Stegun, Handbook of mathematical functions. Dover, New York (1964). [Google Scholar]
- R. Arratia, A.D. Barbour and S. Tavaré, The number of components in a logarithmic combinatorial structure. Ann. Appl. Probab., to appear. [Google Scholar]
- R. Arratia, L. Goldstein and L. Gordon, Poisson approximation and the Chen-Stein method. Stat. Science 5 (1990) 403-434. [Google Scholar]
- A.D. Barbour and J.L. Jensen, Local and tail approximations near the Poisson limit. Scand. J. Statist. 16 (1989) 75-87. [MathSciNet] [Google Scholar]
- A.D. Barbour and S. Utev, Solving the Stein equation in compound Poisson approximation. Adv. in Appl. Probab. 30 (1998) 449-475. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet] [Google Scholar]
- A.D. Barbour and S. Utev, Compound Poisson approximation in total variation. Stochastic Process. Appl., to appear. [Google Scholar]
- V. Cekanavicius, Asymptotic expansions in the exponent: A compound Poisson approach. Adv. in Appl. Probab. 29 (1997) 374-387. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet] [Google Scholar]
- P. Eichelsbacher and M. Roos, Compound Poisson approximation for dissociated random variables via Stein's method (1998) preprint. [Google Scholar]
- J. Kruopis, Precision of approximations of the generalized Binomial distribution by convolutions of Poisson measures. Lithuanian Math. J. 26 (1986) 37-49. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- T. Lindvall, Lectures on the coupling method. Wiley, New York (1992). [Google Scholar]
- E.L. Presman, Approximation of binomial distributions by infinitely divisible ones. Theory. Probab. Appl. 28 (1983) 393-403. [CrossRef] [Google Scholar]
- D.A. Raikov, On the decomposition of Gauss and Poisson laws. Izv. Akad. Nauk Armyan. SSR Ser. Mat. 2 (1938) 91-124. [Google Scholar]
- M. Roos, Stein-Chen method for compound Poisson approximation. Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Zürich (1993). [Google Scholar]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.