Volume 3, 1999
|Page(s)||131 - 150|
|Published online||15 August 2002|
- M. Abramowitz and I.A. Stegun, Handbook of mathematical functions. Dover, New York (1964).
- R. Arratia, A.D. Barbour and S. Tavaré, The number of components in a logarithmic combinatorial structure. Ann. Appl. Probab., to appear.
- R. Arratia, L. Goldstein and L. Gordon, Poisson approximation and the Chen-Stein method. Stat. Science 5 (1990) 403-434.
- A.D. Barbour and J.L. Jensen, Local and tail approximations near the Poisson limit. Scand. J. Statist. 16 (1989) 75-87. [MathSciNet]
- A.D. Barbour and S. Utev, Solving the Stein equation in compound Poisson approximation. Adv. in Appl. Probab. 30 (1998) 449-475. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- A.D. Barbour and S. Utev, Compound Poisson approximation in total variation. Stochastic Process. Appl., to appear.
- V. Cekanavicius, Asymptotic expansions in the exponent: A compound Poisson approach. Adv. in Appl. Probab. 29 (1997) 374-387. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- P. Eichelsbacher and M. Roos, Compound Poisson approximation for dissociated random variables via Stein's method (1998) preprint.
- J. Kruopis, Precision of approximations of the generalized Binomial distribution by convolutions of Poisson measures. Lithuanian Math. J. 26 (1986) 37-49. [CrossRef]
- T. Lindvall, Lectures on the coupling method. Wiley, New York (1992).
- E.L. Presman, Approximation of binomial distributions by infinitely divisible ones. Theory. Probab. Appl. 28 (1983) 393-403. [CrossRef]
- D.A. Raikov, On the decomposition of Gauss and Poisson laws. Izv. Akad. Nauk Armyan. SSR Ser. Mat. 2 (1938) 91-124.
- M. Roos, Stein-Chen method for compound Poisson approximation. Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Zürich (1993).
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.